Spring is just around the corner and that means it is time to start thinking about spring cleaning and HVAC maintenance.
In this blog we will go over 5 Steps for Spring HVAC Maintenance:
1. Schedule preventative maintenance for your HVAC system.
2. Change your HVAC system filters each season.
3. Invest in a digital thermostat for your home.
4. Keep your HVAC units clean.
5. Check your HVAC system for any air leaks and insulate.
An important aspect of your spring cleaning that should not be forgotten is making sure your HVAC system is ready for the warmer weather. Getting ahead of the game and preparing early not only saves you time and money but it will also prevent your cooling system from having issues in the heat of the summer.
The bonus?! It also makes you a smart homeowner!
Let’s round up some tips from our team here at Cascade Mechanical to get you started on spring HVAC preparation and cleaning.
1. Schedule preventative maintenance for your HVAC system. We always suggest scheduling regular preventative HVAC maintenance for your system. Did you know, preventative HVAC maintenance will make your system last longer and will help to catch problems before they do damage to your system? A properly maintained HVAC system will not only perform better, but also save you money by running more efficiently.
2. Change your HVAC system filters each season. Just like your vehicle, changing your HVAC filter will help your system to run better, and will keep dirt or dust from coming back into your home. Installing a new filter will help keep your HVAC system working efficiently, and will give you and your family cleaner air to breathe.
3. Invest in a digital thermostat for your home. There are so many options for digital thermostats on the market, that it can be hard to make a decision. The most handy are Wi-Fi thermostats. These thermostats can be programmed from your computer or mobile device and give you the ability to control the temperature in your home while you’re away, helping you keep more money in your pocket.
4. Keep your HVAC units clean. If your heating and cooling units are outside, make sure to clear any debris that may be gathering around the coils. Keeping leaves out of the system will certainly help your system run properly. Moreover, clean all vents and registers. Keeping the airways clean from dust and other particles that build up, such as pet dander, helps to improve overall efficiency and keeps the air in your home clean.
5. Check your HVAC system for any air leaks and insulate. Your HVAC system will run harder and for longer if there are any insulation leaks. It is important to check your HVAC system insulation before every season to ensure that there are no leaks, tears, or otherwise in the insulation surrounding your unit.
If you’re still unsure about completing these steps on your own, you can always give us a call! We will arrange for one of our Cascade Mechanical HVAC professional team members to make sure your HVAC system is ready to go for when the heat of the summertime arrives in the Canadian Rockies.